[download_page pop_count=0 pop_cat_count=24]

Categories: Flight simsoftware

95 Comments

Aymeric SANNIER · April 9, 2012 at 3:59 pm

Dear Mr. Sedano,

I’ve got a problem with your plugin uipcx:
Indeed, I would like to know more precisely how to connect iocp and Xplane 10 cause i’m a begginner and I can’t do anything for the moment.

Ps: I’ve already read your manual and I can’t use the telnet command.

Sorry if my message is not understandable but I’m totally lost, I don’t know where I can search.

Thanks

fransedano · April 9, 2012 at 4:08 pm

Hi!

What do you exactly want to do? Which OS are you using? Why can’t you use telnet?

Please provide me further info and I’ll try to help, I’m using the plugin to connect X-Plane 10 with my cockpit!

Francisco.

Bret Cavanagh · April 29, 2012 at 2:59 pm

Hi Francisco
Hope you can help me!
I’m all excited because I’ve bought xp10 to replace fs9. I’ve developed an extensive set of sioc scripts which worked perfectly for fs9. However I seem to be missing something in setting up the uipcx plugin and sioc. Despite a LOT of trolling the forums I can’t find specific config details. Can’t get them to talk. Can you help please?

Bret
Sydney Australia
B777 sim

Bret Cavanagh · April 30, 2012 at 8:11 am

Hi again
I couldn’t help but keep thinking today, and I’ve cracked it! Success!!
Thanks for a great little bit of software. Now I have to re-address all my sioc scripts, but it will be great

Thanks again
Bret

fransedano · April 30, 2012 at 8:46 am

Great! What was the issue, so everybody can benefit from your answer?

Also, please note you don’t need to redo your script. You can change numbers on uipcxdatos.txt to reflect your scripts!

Thanks,

Bret Cavanagh · April 30, 2012 at 4:41 pm

I think I’ll need to re-code, since my variables in sioc were named, not numbered, and pointed to fsuipc offsets. (That assumes your coding in uipcxdatos doesn’t like hex 🙂 )

Does the uipcxdatos.txt file tolerate extra columns of data? (I recall reading that it only parses the first 2 or 3 tabs of data into xplane). If so, I could build an “enhanced file” for you and others, with the fsuipc offsets in another column (when I work them out!).
Must the file be in numeric order? (Again, I expect so)

My problem in getting uipcx plugin working was mostly around understanding how xplane moved data and communicated. Then I had to find where sioc matched ports, and re-configure it too. I wasn’t sure how much had changed in your versions (could only find a manual for 0.3), nor what had changed in xplane. But in our game, there is no substitute for some healthy “give it a try” hacking…

I guess the biggest problem was my impatience in getting flying again!

Thanks again for a great bit of software. I’m surprised that there aren’t more builders out there who see how good opencockpits / sioc / xplane can be. Hope we can help each other along

B

Israel Abril Fernandez · June 19, 2012 at 11:14 pm

Hola Fran.
Por los correos que he leido sobre todo el nº6 creo que deja entrever que pueden utiizarse modulos de Opencockpits en XPLANE. Yo tengo instalada la versión 10, aunque tambien poseo la 9.
¿Es correcto lo que digo?

Saludos

fransedano · June 19, 2012 at 11:29 pm

Hola, si, simplemente instala el plugin que puedes encontrar aquí y usas IOCP para conectarte a X-Plane.

Un saludo!

Luca · August 8, 2012 at 3:40 pm

Hello Francisco, I’m really impressed of your work on 737 sim, I reach your site trying to find a way to light up my panel on x-plane 10. My panel is a semi-replica of kingair 90 panel, build up by Ruscool electronics with Flight Illusion complete gauges, Precision Flight controls Cirrus 2 components, trim, throttle, and some switches and light annunciator. All is working great with FS but I really would like to use it with x-plane, what I didn’t understand is how to assign to any switch, annunciator light and buttons, the variables that allow them to work, example when I press the landing light button the sim make the right action switching the light on.
Do you think you can help me?
Thanks
Luca

Dave · October 4, 2012 at 1:36 pm

Hi Francisco. I really appreciate your uipcx plugin. I am trying to use it in some software with x-plane. The only documentation I could find was the text file that came with the v0.4 download and it only references 2 of the commands: Preg and Inicio. Is there documentation of all the commands somewhere?
Dave

fransedano · October 7, 2012 at 8:40 pm

Hello!

I’ll double check docs, but the protocol is really simple, these are the steps:

a) Edit / Add whatever datarefs you want to uipcxdatos.txt
    b) Connect to port 8090
    c) Use following commands:

–> Get values: Send “Arn.Preg:
    * Plugin will reply with Arn.Resp:
    =

-> Set values: Send “Arn.Resp:=

* Plugin will reply with Arn.Resp:
    = anytime dataref changes.

It’s also possible to send COMMANDS instead of datarefs. If you’re interested, I can send you an example.

Would you have pictures / webpages for your project?

Thanks!

Dave · October 8, 2012 at 6:18 pm

Thanks Francisco! It must have been using RESP to both get and set values that lost me. This makes it very clear.

Yes, I’d be very interested in how to send COMMANDS.
Thanks,
Dave

fransedano · October 8, 2012 at 10:44 pm

Ok, so to send command you just add the command in the uipcxdatos.txt file, with the following syntax:

9998 %sim/operation/pause_toggle

Then every time you set the value of var 9998 you will trigger that command. I.e.:

The value you need to set is:

1: Simulate single press
2: Simulate continuous press
3: Simulate stop pressing

So,

Arn.Resp:9998=1

Will toggle pause…

Victor Hugo Bazo · October 18, 2012 at 4:23 pm

Hola Francisco,
Estoy armando una cabina de b767 y con ayuda de mi amigo Edoardo he logrado utilizar instrumentos originales para mi tablero, pero tengo un problema con los altimetros…
No logro una lectura pareja y sincronizada entre piloto y copiloto (he utilizado potenciometros y una tarjeta de opencockpits para su fincionamiento) pero al parecer con el rango del potenciometro no logro un funcionamiento aceptable, caso contrario con el velocimetro que funciona muy bien y vastante exacto…
Bueno, viendo el extraordinario video de tu altimetro veo que has logrado hacerlo trabajar con los resolvers originales, la pregunta seria:
La tarjeta de interface que has fabricado para hacerlo funcionar, trabajaria tambien con FS en vez de x-plane?
y si es asi podrias venderme algunas o ayudarme a fabricarlas para mejorar el funcionamiento de mis instrumentos?
Epero puedas ayudarme con esto…
Gracias de antemano por la atencion.
VH

Anthony Musaluke · November 27, 2012 at 4:27 pm

Francisco,

Do you have an example of using the ‘send command’ scenario from a sioc script?

Sergey · December 4, 2012 at 12:07 am

Hi.
Thanks for your plugin.
Do you plan to release v0.5 for Linux?

Pierre MAJOR · December 20, 2012 at 3:09 pm

Dear Francisco,

I am a complete beginner in the sim building world.
I used to be a private pilot many years ago…and I feel like investing some time in virtual flying now.
I am very impressed by your achievments, and wonder if you’d be so kind as to help me sort out a problem I have in my basic approach.
I am presently flying X-Plane 10 version on an I-Mac / OSX-10.5.8 .
I would like to be able to activate home built intruments (with servo-motors) in a cockpit of a Robin DR400 airplane which I am building now.
Unfortunately I could not get any help on the french X-Plane forums where most simers are using
Windows and SIOC/PCUIPC.
Could you please advise me as to which sofware and hardware I should load /use considering my project.(I understand Open cockpit card are not compatible in my case ?.
Looking forward to reading you
Merci beaucoup
Pierre (from Nantes/France)

fransedano · January 19, 2013 at 5:38 pm

Hello Pierre.

Yes, you can use Open Cockpit cards with my plugin. With it you will map X-Plane datarefs with SIOC scripts.

I’m making my own electronics, so cant help much with the SIOC / Opencockpits setup. But a lot of people using them!

Thanks,

fransedano · January 19, 2013 at 5:39 pm

@Sergey, yes, I’ll release v.06 (including some fixes for strings and support for commands) for all 3 OS (Linux, Mac, Windows) and on both 32 and 64 bits. For my sim I’m using Linux / 64bit.

Efrain Ruiz · January 20, 2013 at 7:32 am

Saludos!!!! Que bendicion hermano, el haber encontrado esto. Estoy en el proceso de moverme de FSX a XP 10 y pense que iba a tener problemas usando mis OpenCockpit IOCards y SIOC con XP hasta que encontre esta pagina.

Me podrias decir si XUIPC es compatible con XP 10 64bits? Yo uso Windows 7 64bit tambien.

Espero su respuesta y es un placer. De donde eres? Yo soy de Puerto Rico pero me crie en NYC y ahora vivo en Virginia, USA.

fransedano · January 25, 2013 at 2:48 am

Hola!

Si, el plugin es para Mac, Linux y Windows, todos en 32 y 64 bit! Esta en beta, en unos dias lo sacare publico (cuando la version de X-Plane 64 bit salga de beta).

Encantado de conocerte! Tienes alguna pagina en la que ver tu proyecto?

Un saludo!

Fran

Andreas · February 24, 2013 at 8:06 pm

Hello,

will you also Support the 64bit Version of XP? On my new System the 64bit Version has a big Advantage in Performance. And the 32bit Version often crashes by Memory issues …

best regards from germany

fransedano · February 28, 2013 at 2:46 pm

Yes! I’ll be publishing a new 32/64 version for all platforms very soon!

Thanks,

Miles · March 13, 2013 at 12:16 pm

Hi,

I think your uipcx plug in is great, its the only way I can get my opencockpit hardware working with x-plane 10.
Big question is are you going to release a 64 bit version?

fransedano · April 4, 2013 at 11:12 am

Yes! I’ll release it this week!

Francisco.

Sergey · April 22, 2013 at 11:31 am

Hi.

Any news about 0.6, 64-bit and Linux releases?

Angelo · May 4, 2013 at 11:51 am

Hi Francisco,
I would like to setup a platform (6dof) to react/simulate the motion based on the data output from X-Plane. So, first step, I’m playing with the UIPCX plugin and Acceleration data in this case. From UIPCXDatos.txt the “variable” 1592 is a float and should represent the acceleration in m/sec2. From a telnet Arn.Inicio:1592:, a get Arn.Resp:1592=1344: (for example). Now could you, please, tell me what does the numder 1344 represent in this case (obviously not 1344 m/sec2…)?
Thank you.

Carlton · May 30, 2013 at 8:41 pm

This looks great! Do I have to enable UDP values in x-plane or does the plugin get around that?

fransedano · May 30, 2013 at 8:54 pm

Hello, thanks!!

The plugin does not use UDP interface, so no need for enabling it. It should work out of the box!

Francisco.

damian · June 11, 2013 at 6:48 am

Francisco:
No puedo descargar los plugins, me da Download path is invalid!, puedes decirme el link para la descarga, y una pregunta la version 0.6 es solo para 64bits WIN y LINUX?

Gracias, saludos…

fransedano · June 12, 2013 at 8:11 am

Hola! Dejame que mire los paths. La version 0.6 es para todo, dejame que la empaquete como un Fat plugin y la pongo disponible.

fransedano · June 12, 2013 at 8:41 am

Ya deberia estar arreglado, disculpad!

Damian · June 12, 2013 at 7:18 pm

Hola:
Ahora puedo descargar las otras versiones, pero la v0.6 no la veo más ,no se si lo soñe pero era la 0.6 y ahora esta la 0.5 que no la puedo dascargar me dice:

You must be logged in to download this file.

es que quiero probar las nuevas versiones porque esas funcionan con el XPlane 10 ( 32-64 bits ) no?

Gracias.

fransedano · June 12, 2013 at 11:38 pm

Hola!

Acabo de subir la 1.0, es un fat plugin, es decir, funciona en todas las plataformas. Simplemente descomprimelo y copia la carpeta que hay dentro en el directorio “resources”.

Un saludo!

damian · June 13, 2013 at 4:52 am

Gracias, lo voy a probar.
Saludos.

Jon · June 16, 2013 at 10:30 pm

How does one login to download the new file?

Thanks for your work!

Jon

fransedano · June 16, 2013 at 10:42 pm

Hi – Please download v 1.0, no need to download older versions!

Francisco.

Jon · June 17, 2013 at 12:24 am

If you are responding to me, I get the invalid link. I assume I needed to be logged in, is that correct?

fransedano · June 17, 2013 at 1:14 am

Hi Jon. I just tried to download it without being logged and it works. Also, there are already 26 people who downloaded it! The file you want is “UIPCX 1.0 fat plugin”

Jon · June 17, 2013 at 1:43 am

Hello Again,

I keep trying and I do see others have been lucky to get the file. Here is the link that is going to http://www.fransedano.net/wp-content/plugins/download-monitor/download.php?id=29

It is saying the link is invalid!

Would you take the time to email it to me 🙂

Jon

Jon · June 17, 2013 at 1:54 am

I think that counter is follwing my attempts to download the file 🙂 It goes up after I click on the same link resulting in’ download link is invalid’ Will try on a different computer.

Jon

fransedano · June 17, 2013 at 2:03 am

Ah sorry it was really a fault in my side! Please give it a try now!!

Jon · June 17, 2013 at 2:07 am

ok got it! Thanks!

Do you mind sending me an email, I cant find any from our past commuications. Would like to ask you something in private.

Jon

Andres · June 22, 2013 at 1:42 am

Hola todos.

Alguien que tenga MCP de Opencockpits y X Plane 10 logro hacerlo andar ? Me pasarian el Script ?
GRACIAS !!

Andy · July 2, 2013 at 7:36 pm

Hola Fran, sabes que descargue el CAD de las palancas del Throttle. Pero me estaria faltando la reversa. Tenes los planos, quiero mandar a cortar todo. Y si podes ser tan amable de pasarme tambien como van conectadas las reversas. Saludos. Excelente trabajo.

Giovanni · July 6, 2013 at 4:16 pm

Hello Francisco, I have a little problem, I purchased a USBEFIS from Opencockpit and should I use it in X-Plane, but just as you give it nothing works except the barometric adjustment, by any chance you’ve done some SIOC script for this product? I would be very grateful otherwise would be a waste of money. Opencockpit does not give you much assistance for x-plane.

John

P.S. (excuse my english, I’m Italian and use google translator)

fransedano · July 30, 2013 at 8:18 pm

Hi,

Sorry can’t help you with that, I don’t use opencockpits or SIOC 🙁 I suggest to contact with opencockpits at their page..

Thanks,

Marco · July 20, 2013 at 4:25 am

Hola Francisco,
but where i can find the manual, and the other file?
in the downloaded file i found only the plugins.
Thanks

fransedano · July 30, 2013 at 8:19 pm

Ah yes, I’ll add the manual to the download! For now, please use the one for older versions, good catch!

Marco · July 24, 2013 at 8:35 pm

another question:
it is not possible to set a different refresh rate for each dataref?

Thx for you plugin.

fransedano · July 30, 2013 at 8:21 pm

Hi,

There’s really no need. The dataref will be refreshed as soon as it changes. The refresh rate means how often the plugin will check if they changed or not. If you have thousands of datarefs you’re monitoring, that could have some (small) performance penalty, so in that case you could set it to -2 or -3. But normally there’s no need.

Marco · July 30, 2013 at 8:12 pm

Stop writing the log file?
dubug= 0 it does not write the parameters passed, but the log file is always written.
no way to disable it completely?

fransedano · July 30, 2013 at 8:21 pm

Hi,

The startup is always logged. May I ask you why you would like to completely disable it?

Thanks,

Marco · July 31, 2013 at 10:55 pm

but still not a big problem.
only if I do not need, it seems unnecessary to write every time the file.
if the parameter Debug=0, I do not expect any debug file.
and after a while the file is getting bigger and I have to delete it.
Anywau for my software project x737-CDU it works wonderfully.

sistigi · August 8, 2013 at 2:39 pm

ma some people give me how to register in the web site to download SW???

Thanks

Gioacchino

Jon · September 1, 2013 at 5:21 pm

Giovanni,

I have usb efis up and going! Let me know if you need help with the script.

Jon

Pål · September 4, 2013 at 6:43 pm

Windows 7, X-plane 10.22 64-Bit:

Using UIPCX fat plugin v.1. UIPCX is showing up in the plugins menu of x-plane, but there isn’t possible to click the menu item. Known issue?

fransedano · September 30, 2013 at 11:52 am

Hi, yes, there’s no options, but I’m showing the menu so it’s clear plugin is loaded.

Ken · September 28, 2013 at 5:39 am

Hi Francisco,

Would love to give UIPCX a try but when I go to download I get this message:

You must be logged in to download this file.

← Back to Francisco Sedano Flight Sim site

Where do I log in?

Ken.

Ken · September 28, 2013 at 6:03 am

It’s OK, I managed to download v1.0, the issue above was concerned with v0.5

Ken.

Bloavez · September 30, 2013 at 3:43 pm

Hi everybody up there, and particularly to Francisco.
I’m just brand new on X-Plane and I would like to build a homepit using UIPCX.
As well as Ken, a few posts above, I was unable to download de “UIPCX v 0.5, Windows” as I cannot log (but maybe I’ve missed something).
Anyway, I’ve already built a SU-27 homepit fully operationnal with Lock-On FC, linking the SIOC with the export.lua
I’ve downloaded the UIPCX v.0.4 and installed the files in the requested ‘plugin’ folder. Unortunately I am still unable to have the client logged in SIOC (I use IP 127.0.0.1:8090) i.e. no logging and no data transfert.
Have I missed something important in the configuration, maybe in X-Plane itself?

Thank you for support, I just can’t wait having my pit alive! 😉

PS: how can I log in to donwload the latest version of UIPCX?

Bloavez · September 30, 2013 at 3:46 pm

Sorry, I just forgot to say that I’m running X-Plane 9 with Windows 7 X64 as operating system.

Toby · November 19, 2013 at 4:49 pm

Thank you this amazing peace of work!
Using it for own avionics and hardware interfaces since v0.3.

Great work man! Keep going!

Carlton · November 29, 2013 at 6:12 pm

Could you please add a download for the latest manual? Also I can’t find uipcxdatos.txt anywhere!

Please help. Your plugin looks fantastic =)

LBM · December 26, 2013 at 8:49 am

Hello there,
Thanks for all of your hard work Fransedano. I can’t seem to download v 0.4 Windows (378)
UIPCX v 0.5, Windows (347)

Are there missing files on UIPCX fat plugins?

Thanks again!!

Jean · December 26, 2013 at 7:11 pm

Hey Carlton,
I have the same issue, I can’t locate uipcxdatos.txt.
It looks like this is an amazing plugin for xplane.

Balazs · December 30, 2013 at 5:27 pm

Hi Bloavez
what do you use to communicate your simpit with Lock-On? I’m very interested.
Thanks
Balazs

Toby · February 11, 2014 at 2:15 pm

@Carlton & @Jean:
upicxdatos.txt won’t be generated automatically. Create one according to your needs.
At:
you may download the file from previous version!